This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info.
Knowing which coffee brands offer Swiss Water decaf can be helpful when you’re reaching for a cup! Or stopping by a grocery or specialty store! We are pretty particular about only drinking Swiss Water Processed Decaf if we’re reaching for a none “high-test” cup of coffee! The chemicals that go into decaffinating coffee are kind of scary, in our opinion! Learn more about Swiss Water Processing
Who Makes Our List?
You might be surprise to see some of these on the same list with one another – but we feel that knowing which are and which aren’t processed with the SWP (Swiss Water Processing) is pretty important. We’re pretty sure that there are lots of other great SWP decaf coffee options out there – so if we’ve missed your favourite, let us know! We’d love to try it!
Our Top 5 Picks!
- Starbucks Sumatra Decaf We’re super excited to have found a Starbucks option! We were told that there was not one available, but after digging a little deeper we’ve confirmed they do have one! And we love it! We order it from our barista as a “Grande Sumatra Decaf Pour Over with Room”! It is rare that you’ll find they have a pot brewing, so be prepared to wait a few minutes more as they fresh prepare your order! It’s worth it! And if they offer you something other than Sumatra Decaf because they have it brewed, be aware that it is not Swiss Water Processed! Sumatra Decaf is their only SWP Decaf! We do hope they’ll bring more to their product line-up soon! We’ve even found it at Starbucks Online and make it as a pour over from the comfort of our own home! $25 off $100 Use code: SUMMERSHARE from 5/26-5/29.
- Tim Hortons Decaf Coffee Let’s be honest! It’s next to impossible to be Canadian and not end up at a Tim’s with your friends! A medium decaf with double cream is my indulgence when someone is making a Timmy’s Run or heading through the Tim’s Drive-thru!
- President’s Choice Medium Roast Swiss Water Process Decaffinated Coffee This is a standard go-to for us when we are using the drip machine. Especially when we are putting a pot on to brew after a large dinner party. It is dependable and consistent!
- McCafe Premium Roast Decaf Coffee This one surprised me – I will admit it! McDonalds is not a place that we frequent and they have not been historically known for having good coffee! But in recent years they have made a real push in the coffee service market. And have done a fair job! So when in a pinch, it’s good to know the Golden Arches have something for you to put in your cup!! I’ll talk about coffee rewards programs another time. Just know that McCafe cups come with a little sticker. Be sure to save it! They add up for free coffee fast!
- Kicking Horse Swiss Water Decaf This whole bean option is one that your local grocery probably carries. It is a Wake Up & Kick Ass coffee brand. 100% Certified Organic, Fairtrade, Rocky Mountain-roasted coffee. Congratulations go out to Kicking Horse’s Elana Rosenfeld founder on the recent sale to Italian Coffee Maker Lavazza Group!